The village of Richka was first mentioned in written sources in 1600. It was a small settlement in the north-western part of Maramorosh, at the foot of the Polonyna Borzhava mountain range.
The population of the mountainous part of Zakarpattia was driven with the process of so-called "Wallachian colonization" in the 13th-16th centuries, when the tradition of farming in the montane meadows (polonynas) was spreading around the Carpathians. The combination of husbandry and cattle grazing made it possible to actively inhabit the densely forested mountain valleys. The founding of the village of Richka by settlers is indicated in numerous legends and myths that existed among the locals.
In the turbulent 17th century, when Eastern European lands often became the scene of numerous wars and uprisings, many peasants moved to the mountains, where local landowners gave the settlers all sorts of privileges and the opportunity to freely run their farming. In those days, in order to have a right to live in Richka village people paid taxes of 2 florins, 1 marten, 2 imperial birds (grouses) and a measure of oats for one plot of land.
More sources about the history of Verkhovyna villages date back to the 18th century, when the lands of Zakarpattia came under the rule of the Austrian Habsburgs. The condition of the village of Richka at that time is evidenced by the description of Manuil Olshavskyi, Bishop of the Greek Catholic Diocese of Mukachevo, who in 1751 left a description of the local community. Then there were 20 farms, 101 inhabitants, there was a wooden church. During the reign of the Empress Maria Theresa in 1667 in the villages of Maramorosh an ourbarium reform (urbarialis regulatio) was carried out, which aimed to regulate relations between landowners and peasants. At that time, the village of Richka was included in the map of the First Military Topographic Survey of Austrian Possessions.
In the 19th century, the population of the village significantly increased. In 1887, instead of the burned wooden church, they began to build a new brick church of St. Michael. The construction was completed in 1900. Next to the church, there was a building of a public school, where children of peasants studied.
After the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, in 1919 the village of Richka became part of the Czechoslovak Republic. According to the 1929 census, there were 972 inhabitants in Richka. According to the religious composition in the village, 832 people were Greek Catholics, 2 Roman Catholics, and 137 Jews. In the village there was a state primary school, which enrolled 230 school-age children.
In 1939, after the events of Carpathian Ukraine, the village came under Hungarian rule. During World War II, the inhabitants of Richka experienced hardships of wartime: forced labor, mobilization to the fighting armies, evictions. The construction of the Arpad Line fortifications took place near the village. In 1944, all Jews were deported to concentration camps, most of them died there.
After the annexation of Zakarpattia to the Soviet Union, collectivization was carried out in the village of Richka and the Kommunar collective farm was established. The collective farm was a stock-raising farm, which owned more than 1,600 hectares of agricultural land. The collective farm existed until the early 90's.
According to the 2001 census, there were 928 inhabitants in Richka. The village has a nine-year school, a cultural house, and a medical center.